Brite People. Brite Solutions.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Strategic Technical Consultant (STC) is responsible for overseeing the technology needs of multiple organizations for a leading Managed Service provider. The STC’s primary job function is to ensure clients are current with technology infrastructure and all IT best practices are being followed. The STC will be providing consultation for technology while managing the client’s day to day business needs. The STC also provides changes to customer networks and IT infrastructure. This position is required to analyze problems, troubleshoot, and find appropriate customer resolutions.
- Completes documentation and transition of new and existing clients.
- Maintains client accounts within core tools.
- Ensures ongoing customer satisfaction and owns the relationship between Brite and customer.
- Creates and conducts regular status reviews (QBR) with customers to ensure successful upgrades, implementations, and improved network security to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Presents new tools and features based on client needs.
- Responsible for ongoing account management including but not limited to billing and invoicing.
- Works with NOC Level 2, NOC Engineers and the Sales team to optimize hardware and services.
- Conducts reviews of customer networks and documentation to ensure alignment.
- Schedules and manages tasks assigned to Engineers based upon findings of customer reviews.
- Research and tests new products, features, and enhancements.
- Improves efficiencies and effectiveness of customer service through automation and technology.
- Builds and maintains efficient workflows, and other documentation to consistently deliver exemplary customer interactions.
- Creates KPIs and reports of NOC statistics for client use.
- Understands client requirements and needs and articulates potential solutions.
- Performs customer on-site visits.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and at least two years of experience in a network support role, with taking escalations and handling a high volume, time sensitive support environment.
- A+, Security+, Checkpoint CCSA, Network+, MCSE certifications preferred.
- Experience in cloud backup solutions, Datto a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving workstation-based software issues with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016, Microsoft Online Services, including Office 365, and domain and workgroup environments.
- Strong hardware repair and troubleshooting skills with PC desktops and laptops.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot server-based software issues with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, on premise Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, Microsoft Office 365 and hosted Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, and 2012 server, Microsoft Hyper -V and VMWare, Microsoft PowerShell, major anti-virus solutions, and enterprise class backup solutions.
- Phone etiquette.
- Ability to address a variety of technical issues.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Brite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org